How To Get Military Discounts
First, we need to make sure you, the reader of this list, is eligible to get a military discount. So, the following people will be able to get a chance to obtain one:
- Active duty military personnel
- Current Guard / Reserve member
- Military retirees
- Military dependents (anyone with a DoD issued military or dependent ID)
Now, once you know you are eligible, you need to bring your military identification (proof of service or dependency) with you.
Some of the current ID cards that you can use to show proof of service:
- Military ID Card
- Military dependent ID Card
- VA Issued Identification Card
- Veterans Designation on Drivers License
- Other ID or Membership Card – examples include veterans groups such as the VFW, American Legion, AMVETS, etc.
However, please note that there is no standard as some stores only accept certain forms of ID or proof of service.
Military Discount Categories
In order to group this list of military discounts, I’ve decided to go with categories. Please note that this list will most likely never be finished, I will always make sure to keep on adding websites.
However, please don’t be mad if any of these discounts are no longer valid. On the contrary, please use the opportunity to send me a quick email so I can remove it and avoid future confusions.
Cars and Dealerships
- Amtrak – Military Personnel Save 10% and Get Ahead of the Ticket Line
- Military Discounts Add Up with Penske Truck Rental
- Baby Tula offers military families a 10% discount on babytula.com on products that help with bonding after long deployments or comfort and convenience during moves and daily life.
- 10% off natural baby and parenting items at Heart Hugs including baby carriers, cloth diapers, feeding products, toys and more!
Clothing and Shoes
- 10% discount at Buckle.com off their entire merchandise purchase – regular and sale
- 20% off to all members of the military community with American Giants
- $30 off orders $150+ at Dooney & Bourke
- Active Military and Veterans can enjoy 15% off purchase at Nana Macs
15% off your entire purchase at DeSarti.com — where you’ll find a curated collection of casual and contemporary fashion for plus sizes 12-24.
- Active duty military personnel, veterans, retired military, military spouses and dependents get 10% off entire purchase at Okabashi. Shoes proudly made in the USA.
- 15% off Any Purchase – Shop official Nitro Circus apparel and gear at shop.nitrocircus.com
- Browning Lifestyle is offering military personnel and their immediate family a 25% discount of MSRP every day.
- US Wings ® Inc. offers free shipping worldwide as long as the shipment is sent to a U.S. Military address APO and or FPO outside the USA, or if a Person is on active duty in the USA they will receive free standard shipping.
- Altar’D State offers a 15% discount on regular-price items to service members and their families.
- Active Military and Veterans can enjoy 15% off purchase at NanaMacs.
- DownUnder Apparel has a 10% military discount for active duty, reserves, guard, etc and veterans.
- Fuel Clothing offers active and veteran service men and woman a military discount on their website.
- Vanika Jewelry offers a 10% discount to our active or retired military customers.
Sword & Plough is proud to offer a lifetime 20% discount on all orders to all U.S. active duty military personnel, National Guard members, Reservists, veterans, retired military personnel, military spouses and Gold Star family members. Learn how to receive your Sword & Plough military discount here.
- JM4 Tactical offers a military discount for 10% off your purchase.
- G. Lieberman & Sons, suppliers of men’s tights, pantyhose, socks, and stockings, have a military discount code and it’s is 42ML87 and it is worth 5% discount, no minimum purchase, good on all products.
- Thirteenth Floor is an art & clothing store, that exclusively sells the SWvsWWII series. The 10% Off military discount is a window that pops up when you have an active cart.
- Turtle Fur offers 25% off your entire order to active and retired Military members, scroll to the bottom of the page to apply for their Military Discount.
- Criquet Shirts offers 25% off for military personnel (no dedicated military discount page, anyone wanting to receive this discount should call into our office to receive)
- 5% discount at Weaver Leathercraft to retail customers who have served or are currently serving in the United States military or are active duty, first responders.
- TeaCups, Puppies & Boutique offers 10% off puppies & merchandise for both active duty and veteran members.
Spas and Beauty
- SPA INDEX GUIDE TO SPAS is global directory of day spas, wellness providers, spa hotels, and spa resorts offering discounts to Armed Forces, First Responders, EMTs and Law Enforcement professionals.
- Lord Jones offers a 20% discount to U.S. active duty military personnel, reservists and veterans on all products at lordjones.com
Education and Tutoring
- Reduced tuition rates at Kindercare
- Online tutoring and homework help at no cost to active duty service members with Tutor.com
Moving and Storage
- Any service or item offered is available for military members active or retired at 20% off at Pawning Planners. Also, for military members who cannot afford event services, we work for free in certain situations.
Experience The Ride offers a $45 military discount for tickets to THE RIDE ($24 savings!) – redeem it by sending a photo of the military ID to this email or visit ExperienceTheRide.com
for more information.
- Rose City Comic Con offers all active military, reservist, and guards personnel will receive a3-dayy pass with proof of active military ID, available for pickup at the show’s registration.
- Valleyfair will host a special event in honor of our nation’s military heroes: on public operating days from May 25 – 28 and June 30 – July 4 2018, any member of the armed services, active or veteran, will receive free regular admission to the park. Plus, each military guest will be able to bring up to six family members at a discounted rate of just $35 per person.
- The Roller Kingdom offers a $2 off paid admission for children brought in by an active military person or spouse. (ie their children and friends) – that’s a 20% discount off our full admission price of $10. There is also a 10% discount on full-price birthday party packages.
- Busch Gardens grants Active Military Members one complimentary admission per year for military personnel
- Free Admission for Active Duty Military and Families at SeaWorld
- One complimentary admission per year to Sesame Place
- Active-duty U.S. military personnel receive free general admission at Shedd Aquarium
- Walt Disney World Resort is saluting U.S. military personnel by offering promotional theme park tickets.
- Motel 6 is proud to offer all active and retired military personnel and their families a 10% discount
- U.S. Service Members receive FREE admission to LEGOLAND® Florida Resort & Water Park
- Medieval Times offers armed forces and their families discounted tickets and a free royalty upgrade.
- Jet Blue offers special discounts and fares, airport assistance and other unique services for military veterans and active military members
- Cloud 9 Relaxation home offers 10% off their rental fees for military families.
- 10% off best available rate plus special extras including complimentary wine tasting, welcome gift, cheese & fruit plate, late checkout, free shuttle service, hot springs pool access at sister hotel with Brannan Cottage Inn.
- Woodloch’s Heroes Club offers exclusive savings and benefits to military personnel.
- Park City Lodging and their property owners are pleased to support our military service men and women and their families with a 20% military discount off lodging during the regular season.
- Hobbs Realty has 76 rental properties on Holden Beach that allow for a 10% active military discount year-around.
- Stevens Pass Mountain Resort offers military discounts both winter and summer on lift tickets, rental equipment, lessons and more.
- Mt. Holiday offers Active Duty Military and Veterans 10% off with Military I.D. or Veteran status I.D. for any regularly priced daily lift ticket, equipment rental, private lesson, tube run reservation, and zipline reservation.
- Virgin Islands Campground offers all Active Duty Military and Veterans a 10% Virgin Islands Military Discount on each unit rented.
- Sandy Cove Ministries offer a 10% military discount for all program events for ALL military personnel. However, they also have free military stays as a part of their Operation Oasis program!
- Peak Military Card is valid at all Northeast Peak Resorts with the following offer: 25% off weekends/holidays & 40% off midweek, non-holiday lift tickets
At Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows all active duty military pass is sold for $99 (full, unrestricted pass). It comes with a great bonus – the first $200,000 of proceeds go to the Military to the Mountains program and the balance will go to Special Ops Survivors!
- Loon Condo Connection offers active Military 10% off the rent of a vacation home for stays of two nights or more during the time periods of April 1 – June 15 and October 15 – December 15.
- SPA INDEX GUIDE TO SPAS is a global directory of seasonal spa getaways, health and wellness retreat packages, spa deals and military discounts and promotions. Updates frequently.
- With Steam Boat active military and their dependents always receive 20% off our day-of lift ticket prices.
- Fox Hill RV Park & Campground offers all active military personnel a 10% discount on campsites and cabins in Wisconsin Dells, WI. The discount is good anytime except holiday weekends.
- Branson Treehouse Adventures offers a 15% savings to military personnel, veterans and their families – it applies to RV sites, cabins and tree houses.
- Bear Creek Lodge offers a military discount to all active and retired military personnel and their families are eligible for a 10% discount. Simply present a valid US military ID upon check-in.
- Brown County Log Cabins offer a 10% military discount off their total stay at MOST units. These are individually owned and some allow NO discounts of any kind. Visit their homepage for more information!
- Lake Camanche offers all active, reserve, retired, and veteran military personnel receives a 20% discount on Day Use Entry, Boat Rentals (excluding rental of the 14 passengers & Party Barges) camping, RV sites, and cottages.
Family and Military Reunions
- If you are planning any military reunions in Chicago check out the military reunion discount at Lisle Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Medical and Supplements
- BSN offers heavily discounted prices, Free Shipping on orders over $40 and Free Samples
- RedCon1 offers a 25% Discount on everything available on www.RedCon1.com
- Tread Labs offers 15% off on pain relieving orthotic insoles.
- Free Club O Gold Membership at Overstock
- Pottery Barn offers all active and retired military personnel and their families a 15% discount
- Yankee Candle® offers 10% Military Discount for active and retired military is available every day on every purchase.
Food and Restaurants
- Certain Papa Murphy’s Locations offer discounts
- 20% Military Discount – Dine in or Take out with Chompie’s
- 10% discount on entire meals with Brigs’
- 15% off all day, every day with The Green Turtle
- Veterans save 35% every day with Coleman
- S3 Power Sports proudly offers Active Military Personnel & Veterans a discount of up to 10% on eligible purchases every day.
- ReadyMan offers special discounts for anyone that is Military, Law Enforcement or is a First Responder.
- Emerson Knives offers 20% OFF an online purchase of a knife for all active duty military and law enforcement.
- Present and past members of the Armed Forces are welcome to be a part of our family and receive up to 40% discounted prices on AXO products.
- Up to 50-percent discount on certain wedding packages through MOAA
- Castle Farms offer military wedding giveaways
- 10% off of DJUj DJ package on all Wedding Ceremonies/Receptions
- Allurez offers a 5% military discount on engagement rings, wedding bands, pendants, earrings, and all other fine jewelry
- BloomsByTheBox.com offers a 5% off discount on orders over $100 for its military customers. Contact Blooms to receive the current military discount code when you order!
- Vittorio Menswear & Tuxedo offers 10% off any purchase or rental (if you bring a coupon or promotion that exceeds 10%, they’ll honor the better of the two!)
- 5% military discount with Serendipity Diamonds for online purchases of wedding bands, engagement rings and other jewelry.
- Moffitt Oaks understands that Military Families plans change on the whim, so they have a flexible date scheduling and a 10% Military Discount for active and veteran Bride and Grooms.
- 20% off wedding planning from Events by Truly Yours – a nationwide wedding planner
- Save the Date Music offers 10% off the total price of their music services for weddings and/or receptions
- Eric Vest Photography give 10% discounts on all the wedding packages for military couples.
- Happy Maui Wedding on the island of Maui, in Hawaii, offers, “Intimate Ceremony Value Pure And Simple”, for eloping couples and couples with very small guest counts, featuring a 10% discount on all our Happy Maui Wedding Packages for those in Active Duty, with all 5 branches of the U.S. military
- $50.00 off the total package price with Double Platinum Celebrations DJs
- MiaDonna offers U.S. active duty military personnel, National Guard members, Reservists, veterans, retired personnel and spouses, and U.S. First Responders a 10% discount on all orders of conflict-free engagement rings, wedding bands or other jewelry.
Wonder Jewelers is an online custom jewelry store based out of downtown Los Angeles and they provide 20% off custom ring settings, 1% off diamonds and 15% off jewelry for active military, veterans and first responders with proof of military ID.
Get your wedding started right with Hotlimos in a party bus San Diego military discount of 5% on the weekend and 10% during the week.
- Dream Manor Inn offers a $100-$200 discount (depending on Wedding package chosen) for our beloved military.
- Genesis Diamonds would like to express our gratitude to the heroes in our military by offering a 10% discount on designer brands, 365 days a year
- Heath Barr Photography provides 10% off of all wedding packages for wedding photography (ranges between $120-$260 off), and for 2018 – all Military Weddings receive a complimentary Wedding album as well!
- LaDuke Wedding Photography offers 10% off of any photography package (weddings, families, engagements, etc.).
- Solomon Brothers Fine Jewelry is proud to extend a 10% military discount on the largest selection of engagement rings and wedding bands.
- Larson Jewelers offers 5% off of your order.
- David’s Bridal’s is proud to offer a 10% discount to active military members and their significant others May 1 – 31, 2018 for Military Appreciation Month.
BONUS Military Discounts: Regardless of Category
Many companies mentioned above offer military discounts year-round, but asking for a military discount on a military-related holiday increases your chances.
These holidays are:
- Memorial Day,
- Fourth of July,
- Veterans Day
- Military Appreciation Days in Myrtle Beach (as well as some permanent military discounts in that area)
- other national holidays.
In fact, many stores don’t offer military discounts, except on these holidays.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER TO BE THE FIRST TO RECEIVE OUR BEST DISCOUNTS AND EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS!
Fall is in the air and even though we were sad to say goodbye to summer, we are ready to kick off the new season! Fall brings things like National Hispanic Heritage month and new wardrobe options!
If you have not checked out our newly released fall fashion line, read Brand Champion Veronica’s latest blog post for more details!
As we mentioned, this month we joined America in celebrating Hispanic Heritage. Sword & Plough is a Hispanic women-owned business founded by our CEO and COO, Emily and Betsy. Emily and Betsy will be participating in speaking events around the country this year and we encourage you to learn more about their story. The next opportunity to hear Emily speak will be at the Military Influencer Conference in Dallas, Texas on October 23-24, 2017.
Emily and Betsy also attended the FedEx Small Business Grant Contest Summit earlier this month as the Grand Prize recipient! FedEx hosted an impactful and meaningful weekend with all ten Small Business Grant Contest award recipients. Emily and Betsy loved getting to know the founders, whose industry focuses ranged from healthy food with Funky Fresh Spring Rolls to STEM science kits for girls with Yellow Scope. The FedEx team asked the attending founders what logistics challenges they were facing and shared ideas about how FedEx could help provide solutions. One of the best parts of the summit was touring the FedEx Hub where thousands of packages are sorted every minute! We’re thrilled to work with an organization that supports small businesses and veterans, and so happy to be part of the FedEx family.
In addition to the major milestone of attending the FedEx Small Business Grant Contest Summit event this month, Sword & Plough created 300 custom Screen Printed Tote bags for the crew of Florentine Films. Florentine Films produced the landmark documentary The Vietnam War, which was directed by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick. This must see documentary is an 18 part series that features testimonies from nearly 80 witnesses, including many who fought in the war and others who opposed it, as well as Vietnamese combatants and civilians from both winning and losing sides. We would love to make your custom gift for your next event or conference. Email us at email@example.com and we can discuss the best option for your group order.
If you want to check out our products in person, we continue to have pop up shops around the country. This month we held pop up shops in Minnesota, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Keep checking our Facebook page for updates on where to find us in person next.
Since Sword & Plough’s launch in 2013, we have made it a priority to donate 10% of our profits to veteran non-profit organizations that align with our mission to empower veterans and strengthen civil-military understanding. This month we supported The Joel Fund which works to provide online resources to guide veterans and their families to organizations that offer assistance in key areas such as rehabilitation, recreation, community involvement, and career readiness programs.
We were featured this month in Colorado’s own magazine, 5280 Magazine and MilitarySpouse.com. The article in MilitarySpouse.com was written by our own Brand Champion, Veronica Bryant, and highlighted the Brand Champion program. If you are interested in learning more about the Brand Champion program, consider reading about Sword & Plough Brand Champion of the Month Melissa Musick.
We can’t wait to tell you more next month! Thank you for being part of the Sword & Plough community!
The Sword & Plough team
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER TO BE THE FIRST TO RECEIVE OUR BEST DISCOUNTS AND EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS!
At Sword & Plough, every day is Earth Day! We are a socially and environmentally conscious brand that works hard to bring you a high quality, stylish product that gives back to the veteran community with minimal effect on the environment.
We do this by...
Manufacturing 100% in the United States: Supporting local economies and American jobs is an important part of our mission and we have no intention of moving production overseas. By manufacturing 100% in the United States, Sword & Plough is able to significantly reduce our carbon emissions.
Incorporating repurposed military surplus material into almost every one of our products: By repurposing textiles, we do our part to reduce the huge quantities of water, energy, fertilizers, pesticides and emissions involved in manufacturing new textiles. Did you know that manufacturing with recycled goods allows for the consumption of up to 95% less energy than manufacturing exclusively with new raw materials?
In addition to up-cycling surplus fabrics into our products, we also employ environmental manufacturing processes such as 100% domestic sourcing of all fabrics. The majority of our leather is also produced in the United States! Domestic sourcing helps reduce fuel consumption and emissions during transport.
Incorporating recycled materials within our packaging: Did you know that recycling one ton of cardboard saves over 9 cubic yards of landfill space? Recycling cardboard cuts the pollution caused by making new cardboard in half!
Here are six easy ways you can be more environmentally sustainable every day.
1. Reuse! - Whenever possible, try to reuse things to cut down on unnecessary waste. Perfect opportunities to reuse products include grocery shopping with a reusable tote bag (such as our Sword & Plough Screen Printed Tote), using your own reusable thermos and water bottle (instead of disposable items from restaurants and coffeeshops), and purchasing capsule wardrobe items that you will enjoy wearing over and over vs. buying into the fast fashion industry. Rent the Runway recently stated that “In one year, the average American buys 64 clothing items, throws away 82 pounds of clothing and wears only 20% of their wardrobe.”
2. Buy American Made - By purchasing products that are made in the United States, you not only support American jobs but also cut down the increased fuel consumption and carbon emissions involved in overseas transport.
3. Plant something - Plant a tree! Did you know that trees help purify the air we breathe by removing carbon from the atmosphere? Don’t have a backyard? Consider donating to an organization that will plant a tree for you. Here are a few organizations that will help you plant a tree: Retree, A Living Tribute, and One Tree Planted.
4. Turn off the lights - Remember to turn off lights when you don’t need them. Using LED lights is the most energy efficient light bulb choice.
5. Limit food waste - Did you know that the majority of food waste happens in homes? Limit the amount of food you throw away by only purchasing what you need, planning meals in advance, and finding creative ways to preserve foods. Our friends at Rubies in the Rubble suggest freezing herbs in butter for cooking, freezing ripened bananas and using them in “banana ice cream,” and preserving fruits and vegetables for a fun at-home activity.
6. Bike or walk to work - By biking, running, or walking to work, we can significantly reduce air pollution while also getting a great workout and vitamin c. According to a shocking stat from a recent World Market blog post, “If you can stay off the road just one day a week, you’ll reduce greenhouse gas emissions by an average of 795 pounds per year.”
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER TO BE THE FIRST TO RECEIVE OUR BEST DISCOUNTS AND EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS!
We are so honored and grateful to have our CEO, Emily Núñez Cavness, and Sword & Plough profiled in one of our favorite media outlets! A BIG thank you to The Everygirl for sharing our story!
A BIG thank you to THE EVERYGIRL for sharing our story!
"From the beginning, Sword & Plough has been about more than just creating bags. We’ve always been excited to create high-quality products, but our hope was that those products could be used as a platform to promote change. More than anything, Sword & Plough strives to create positive social impact at every stage of its business model through its quadruple bottom line. This enables us to accomplish our mission to empower veteran employment, reduce waste, and strengthen civil-military understanding. I’m so passionate about this mission because, through Sword & Plough, Betsy and I are able to give back to and support the community that we grew up in and that I served in."
- Emily Núñez Cavness
- Starting Over- Tips for Meeting People and Getting Involved in a New Place
- Date-in-a-bag: 5 things to pack to make this Valentine's Day the best one yet
- Make Your Bed: The Best Talk I’ve Heard About Success
- The Sword and Plough Guide: Veterans Day
- The Biggest List Of Military Discounts There Is
- 50 caliber jewelry (2)
- Accessories (1)
- Affiliate Program (1)
- American Made (1)
- Aspen Ideas Festival (1)
- B Corp (1)
- Bar Bracelet (1)
- Brand Champion (13)
- Brand Champion of the Month (13)
- Brand Champion Program (11)
- Brand Manager (1)
- brass jewelry (1)
- brass rings (1)
- Bucketlist (1)
- Certified B Corp (1)
- Colorado (1)
- Denver (1)
- earth day (2)
- eco-friendly fashion (5)
- Eileen Fisher (1)
- ethical clothing companies (5)
- Fall (1)
- Fall Fashion (1)
- Father's Day (2)
- Fedex (3)
- Fedex Small Business Grant (3)
- female entrepreneur (1)
- female veteran (1)
- Field Notes (9)
- girlboss (1)
- girlpower (1)
- Happy Birthday (1)
- Heroes to CEOs (1)
- Jewelry (1)
- Leather Clutch (1)
- Leather Pouch (1)
- lifestyle (1)
- Memorial Day (1)
- Military (24)
- military education (1)
- Military Spouse (1)
- Military Spouse of the Year (1)
- Monthly Update (1)
- recycled material (1)
- repurposed (4)
- repurposed bags (1)
- repurposed for a purpose (1)
- Sales Rep (1)
- Shootout for Soldiers (1)
- Small Business (1)
- social mission (16)
- stackable rings (1)
- surplus material (2)
- sustainable clothing brands (5)
- The Mission Continues (1)
- theeverygirl (1)
- Tie Tack (1)
- Upcycled Products (3)
- upcycling (2)
- upcycling companies (3)
- urban bags (5)
- Veteran (21)
- Veteran Non Profits (1)
- Veteran Owned (5)
- Veteran Owned Business (12)
- Veteran-Owned Clothing Company (4)
- Wide Open Country (1)
- women in business (4)